Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cedar-Plank Salmon with Brown Sugar and Cracked Pepper

My family and friends know how much I love to cook, so it was quite fitting when they gave me their favorite recipes at each one of my bridal showers. I absolutely loved this idea, and I immediately dived into them once I got home from our honeymoon.

Cedar-Plank Salmon with Brown Sugar and Cracked Pepper
(dinner for two)



Ingredients:

2 salmon portions (about 6 oz each, after all, it is heart healthy!)
1 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tbsp cracked black pepper

You'll need one large cedar plank which you must soak in water for at least two hours before grilling.

Preheat grill on high for 10 minutes and clean with a grill brush.

Arrange salmon on plank. Rub brown sugar and cracked pepper mixture evenly over fish.




Place plank directly on the grill, close the cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook fish for 12-15 minutes or until internal temp reaches 130 degrees. 

Remove from grill, let fish rest at least 2 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have food for thought?